Tuesday 3 April 2018

Perfect Petals

Today's card is inspired by the current Less is More Challenge, where the theme this fortnight is to CASE this fabulous card by Aileen:


I don't usually attempt CASE challenges...but was drawn in by the beautiful blues and took inspiration from the layout, blue flowers & silver sentiment...I probably would have added some sequins too, but I'm away from home at the moment and only have limited supplies with me. I started by stamping my Woodware 'Perfect Petals' stamp on to some watercolour paper using 'Onyx Black' Versafine Ink...I then heat embossed it using clear powder...I wanted to colour it straight away, and this also gives the added bonus of providing a slightly raised edge which is helpful for stopping your watercolouring from spreading! I watercoloured the flowers using a few shades of blue Distress Ink
(Broken China, Salty Ocean & Tumbled Glass), then used a silver gel pen to colour their centres. Once the flowers had dried, I went over the three largest ones with a clear Wink of Stella pen to give them some sparkle. I heat embossed a sentiment (from a set that came free with a magazine) using 'Metallic Silver Sparkle' embossing glitter by WOW, then added a pierced border using one of my CutterBee Bugs.


Challenges for this card:


10 comments:

  1. Helen, love how your card has turned out. The flowers you have used are just so pretty and the colours from the Distress Inks perfect. The silver sentiment finishes it off perfectly. Thank you so much for your compliment on my card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty, luv the gorgeous blue colors and your coloring! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super take on the LIM "CASE this card" theme this week

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work! Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations Challenge Blog. Good luck!
    Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You’ve taken CASEing to the next level... Aileen was away too, and both of you were working with limited supplies. 😉 Beautiful card and watercoloring. Great job. Thank you for joining us at Less is More. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful. So pretty.

    Tammi
    http://www.acraftygalslife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! For being away from home and all your stash, you've created such a beautiful card Helen. Hat's off to you. Love the marriage of the silver gel pen with the distress inks - just gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like yours better than the original! Thanks for joining the HeARTful Stamping Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x