Monday 16 April 2018

House Mouse & Friends Challenge - Guest Designer

I'm back with another guest designer card for the House Mouse & Friends Challenge today.


The fortnightly challenges are always 'Anything Goes'...but if you want more of a challenge, there's an optional theme, which this time is:

'Let's Eat!'

I found a couple of 'foodie' stamps in my House Mouse collection...'Birthday Cupcake' & 'Cake Nibbler', and I decided to use them both to make a card and gift tag for my Mum's birthday.


For the card, I used the large 'Birthday Cupcake' image...colouring it using watercolour pencils, thn adding a generous coating of Stickles to the cupcake frosting. I paired it with papers from the 'Happy Day' pad by My Mind's Eye...adding a sentiment (from the 'Cupcakes' set by Hero Arts) and doodling some simple borders using a black gel pen.


For the gift tag, I stamped 'Cake Nibbler' on to a small kraft tag, then coloured him using watercolour pencils...although I didn't use any water this time. I added the same sentiment as on the card, then attached to tag to my gift using some multicoloured twine (from TK Maxx).


Challenges for these items:
Oh...and I also made her a birthday cake...salted caramel...yummy!



For more inspiration from the awesome design team, please pop over to the House Mouse & Friends Challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow Helen, I bet your mum loved the special card, gift and cake you made her !! Love the colouring on your fab card sweetie !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, (that was my first House Mouse stamp and I bought it at a yardsale 19 years ago) You coloured it up great and the design perfect. Super cute gift tag and awesome cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card and gift Helen, love the gorgeous stamp and colouring.xx 💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and sweet card. Love your sweetly colored image. The colors are perfect with the pattern papers you used. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card and gift, Helen, love the images you have used,
    Dorte xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen awww this is so adorable love this image & colours are stunning bet your mum was happy to receive this fab card / gift tag think the cake was greatly received too. .fab Guest Designer creations

    Smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning!!!! Thank you for joining Crafty sentiments. Good Luck Sabrina DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helen, looks like you prepared a wonderful birthday for your Mom. What a fun card, tag, and that cake looks delish. Wonderful makes to add to our House Mouse lineup this challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x