Friday 6 April 2018

Abstract Triangles

I have another 'the same, but different' cards to share today featuring the 'Abstract Triangles' background stamp by Simon Says Stamp. I started by stamping the background stamp on to a piece of watercolour paper using Versamark Ink, then heat embossed it using white powder. I then added some blue and green Distress Inks (Cracked Pistachio, Evergreen Bough, Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon, Broken China & Salty Ocean) on to my craft mat, added a little water, then 'smooshed' my embossed paper int them. I picked out a few of the triangles to paint with some stronger colour using the same inks, then splattered it with some water droplets...leaving it to stand for a minute before drying with a paper towel. I trimmed the panel in half, then cut partial circles using one of my Nesties, added them to my card bases, then stamped my sentiments (from a set that came free with a magazine) in the 'hole'.


Challenges for these cards:

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to create a background, I must try it. Love the cards, so stunning!
    Jane
    Guest designer at CRAFT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful geometric background and colour. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding way to get 2 cards made in the time it would take for 1! Crafting smarter--not harder!! Way to go! Thanks for sharing at PPCC blog this week! Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your background is very beautiful on this gorgeous cards.
    Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps.
    Greetings, Danoesja

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this way of creating a background! Thank you for joining the CRAFT challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning set of cards, love how you have created the background.
    Thanks for joining us over at Penny's.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this stamp. Your background is soo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An amazing creation - thank you for joining us this time at Pennys Paper Crafty and good luck - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great background. So cool how you cut out the circle to place the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at the Creative Knockouts Challenge.
    April

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh! What fabulous cards! Love the bold colours! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, thanks for sharing it with us at Crafting with an Attitude Janet DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x