Wednesday 1 November 2017

ABC Christmas Challenge - W & X are for?

It's the first Wednesday of the month, so we have a fun new ABC Christmas Challenge starting today...Carissa is the host, and the themes are:

'W is for White'
&
'X marks the spot'

We are sponsored for this challenge by Wild Rose Studio:

Prize - Winter Cottages A5 Stamp Set

There's also a cute little stamp set from Carissa for another lucky winner too!
Image result for stampendous jumbo snowfall pair

I kept my 'W is for White' card very simple...using an embossing folder and a couple dies from Sizzix to create a 'snowy' card. I distressed the edges of the embossed panel a little, and added an adhesive pearl to the centre of the layered up snowflakes.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

On my 'X marks the spot' card, I picked some checked paper (from the 'Bundled Up' pad by Crate Paper)...with lots of 'X's' on...cut it into quarters so that I could make another 'X'...although that one's hidden by my hedgehog image (from the 'Jolly Friends' set by Penny Black)! I distressed the edges a little, and added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen. The sentiment stamp is from a set by Lili of the Valley.



I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:


For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

9 comments:

  1. Two great cards and a clever idea for the 'X' one in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great pair of cards Helen. I love the elegant embossing of the snowflakes on the first one, and the second one is so cute.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, two beautiful cards, but of course i'm bound to say the one with the adorable hedgies is my fave, right? (that white-on-white snowflake tho...) ♥♥♥ so pleased you could join our "creature feature" fun at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely PM image and beautifully coloured Helen, thanks so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recognise the lovely image lol. Super card, lovely design too.
    Thank you for joining our 'Christmas Creatures' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little pair ... I love the snowy umbrella ... so very glad you joined our *creature feature* at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One made me Ahhhh - one made me giggle - both are WONDERFUL!! Thanks bunches for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Sure hope you will remember us for our next challenge too! Xj.
    TTCRD DT: Joi@RR{My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like both cards, my favorite is of course the one with the little two critters giving eachother kisses! it is so so sweet!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! We all hope to see you again!
    x zoey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x